Sonic Zest presents… Kora Textures, a collection of modern and cinematic textures created from detailed and expertly sampled recordings of the West-African Kora. These sounds are designed for use in film, TV and game music. Use these sounds to instantly create dark apocalyptic experimental atmospheres.
- A selection of constantly changing organic and edgy textures.
- Created by running a characterful West-African harp, known as the Kora, through a multitude of effects and then infinitely stretching, looping and reversing the sounds.
- The powerful engine, featuring a stunning GUI, allows you to both fatten and brighten the sound by adding depth and sizzle to your taste. Additionally the engine allows you to modulate the envelope whilst adding stereo effects and reverb.
- REQUIRES FULL VERSION OF KONTAKT 5.8.1 OR ABOVE TO RUN.
- COMES FREE WITH OUR FLAGSHIP KORA SAMPLE LIBRARY.
To get started begin by adjusting the six texture levels until you get a sound you like. These textures range from choral in nature to dark in tone. They loop infinitely. Each texture is a different length so the sound you produce won’t ever repeat, with each pad sound swelling at different points.
You can then place each texture at a different location in the mix using the pan settings. Finally you go for a slow attack with a long release drenched in plenty of reverb and sizzle to produce a slowly evolving and morphing pad sound.